E: firstname.lastname@example.org S: sarahmurray.me
I count myself extremely fortunate to have been able to work alongside a gem like Sarah, who really had brought across her deep expertise and experience in cultivating a data-driven, collaborative design/prototyping lab culture into Westpac Innovation. We worked alongside across a wide selection of domains within the bank, and one thing that I really have noticed is that she really can roll up her sleeves, and get deep into the trenches – whether it was in the technical, design, or product domains – she really is one amazing individual.
Eric Lau – Head of Data and Product Integration
Smart as a whip, creative and business-savvy, Sarah brought superb skills to our team, along with a positively forensic approach to the measurement of her initiatives. Above all, she is an excellent communicator and relationship-builder, maintains grace under pressure, and is well liked and respected by her peers.
Melissa Firth – Chief Digital Officer
Sarah is able to operate on many levels, from blue sky strategy all the way to rolling up her sleeves and getting stuff done, all the while remaining engaging and enthusiastic… On the personal note, Sarah is a bit of an enigma, Entrepreneurial, Bold but generous, Eloquent and compelling, Brilliant yet humble. In short, Sarah is the real deal.
Stu Wood-Rich – Head of Innovation
Sarah understands how to foster an engaging team dynamic, which has lead our team producing great work within tight deadlines. From running experiments on new ways of working to having ears around the business, her ability to be across everything leads to better products.
dream.play.live / Founder – CX/UX / Service Design / Engineering
2017 – PRESENT
dream.play.live is a movement powered by like-minded people with a mission to provide affordable, customizable housing at a fraction of the cost using onsite 3D printing and a suite of digital design tools.
- Service design research and assessment of the domestic construction industry
- Customer Co-creation Facilitation and Moderation
- Blueprint creation
- Persona Creation
- Empathy Research
- Innovation Hacking – design and development of smoke test prototypes for concept validation
TAL / Founder TAL Data Lab – CX / Facilitation / Research / Commercialization
2015 – 2016
TAL is Australia’s largest life insurer, protecting in excess of 4 million Australians.
I managed the pipeline of disruptive innovation initiatives and founded the TAL Data Lab, whose competency sets TAL up to deliver faster, validated and profitable initiatives.
- Research & Analysis – including but not limited to in-home customer ethnographic research, focus groups and 1:1 depth interviews
- Customer Journey Mapping
- Persona Creation
- Service Design
- Workshop planning, facilitation, output consolidation and reporting
- Group Ideation Co-ordination – Hack-Days
- Budget Management
- Resource analysis and recruitment
- Organisational Design
- Analyze business model architectures across industries and channels
- Evaluate and compare new market opportunities
- Analyze market size and unit economics
Telstra / Founder Idea Accelerator – CX/ Design Thinking / Prototyping / Research
2014 – 2015
The Idea Accelerator team at Telstra Digital is an innovation hub/idea incubator that fosters an entrepreneurial corporate culture incubating ideas, allowing for a business hypothesis to be rapidly validated.
- Facilitation for a variety of design techniques, design sprints, service design, design thinking customer co-creation, platform design
- Customer research including but not limited to gorilla user concept testing, 1:1 depth interviews, UX testing
- Prototyping of physical and digital prototypes
- Team Leadership / Coaching
- Thought Leadership
- Budget Management
- Project Management
Telstra / Product Owner
2013 – 2014
Leading the Telstra Apps Delivery team consisting of expert developers, as well as a product team consisting of user experience and business analysis experts. I manage the product backlog, complex stakeholder relationships, and pressing deadlines.
- Lead the releases for the native development teams and have responsibility for successful market releases
- Manage stakeholders to secure buy-in and drive critical analysis to support decision making
- Shape business requirements into solutions that address business needs while championing this highest quality of customer experience
- Have ownership of delivering to support KPI’s
- Actively identify new opportunities to increase engagement within the suite to drive purchasing, activation and/or servicing
- Team Leadership
ABC / Product Owner / UX/CX
2011 – 2013
Product Ownership & User Experience Design of ABC Commercial’s ever expanding mobile, tablet and web app portfolio including:
- The Randling iPhone App – iOS App International territories
- Spicks and Specks App – iOS App
- Beached Az – iOS App
- Bananas in Pajamas – iOS Apps Asia Pacific territories
- Story Cloud – Android eReader
- Figaro Pho Game Series – AUS and Germany
- Angry Boys – iOS Apps US and AU
- Play School Art Maker – iOS App All international territories ex UK
- ABC Reading Eggs – Web-based subscription service for pre-school children AU
Responsible for new product development, UX research, and strategy in a lean agile software development environment.
RAS / Product Owner / UX/CX
2010 – 2011
Since it was founded in 1822, the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) has been a powerful advocate for the development of agriculture in Australia by ensuring that agriculture is recognized and appreciated for the vital role it plays in the health and wealth of Australia.
- Product Management for all six key brands in the portfolio
- Agile project management of site migration, native app development, and CRM systems update.
- User Experience Design for first Sydney Royal Easter Show Native Application
Fairfax Media / Product Development / Commercialisation
2009 – 2010
BDM for Fairfax Enterprises, developing a new cross-platform, platform, and masthead agnostic products to deliver greater revenue.
Pioneered the delivery of a series of ‘mooks’ that went out with The Sydney Morning Herald & The Age and were available online, driving an increase in paper sales, increase in site traffic, direct uplift in advertiser revenue and consumer data collection.
Stanford GSB – 2015 – 2016 Stanford LEAD (Learn. Engage. Accelerate. Disrupt.) Program – Certificate in Corporate Innovation.
Australian Institute of Project Management – 2009 – Certificate of Project Management via Fairfax Media
Newcastle University – 2005 – Bachelor of Applied Science
Written references are available upon request.